Sunday, June 18, 2006

Miss my father - father's day

- Father's dayi thought of my father
tear drops rolled down my eyes
i wish... he was here with me
and still show me how to live my life
He had friends rich and poor
all were the same to him
He taught us how to swim
in the water and thro difficult times
with sincerity and honesty
He always shared his knowledge
and many a lesson did i learn, so did others
i don't know if i would be as much of a dad
to my kids as he was to me
wish he had been with my kids too
well maybe God wanted me to stand on my legs
so he took him away
but i still know he watches me everday
and whispers me to be a good dad
we had our adventures, fun times,
hugs, laughter, joys and sorrows ...
as i have today with my kids
but when my kids say
'i love u dad' i never recollect saying that to my dad.
my father knows my hugs and smiles meant the same
but dad at times i have hurt you never said a sorry
and i know u will understand...this one is from my heart
"i love u dad" and wish u were here with me
for i still feel/want to be a kid with a dad like everyone

11 Comments:

Blogger Syam said...

This is the same in my case too...Its great that you have a post for your dad which didn't even strike in my mind....

08:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy father's day, smiley.

20:13  
Blogger Has to be me said...

Awww....smiley...thats such a lovely n meaningful post. Very well written too.

03:17  
Blogger Jeevan said...

A loveable son is wishing his dad a Happy Fathers Day here. :)

03:36  
Blogger Keshi said...

**i love u dad' i never recollect saying that to my dad.

me neither. cos I only showed it to him.

I miss my dad too....

Keshi.

21:09  
Blogger Princess said...

A good dedication on father's day to your father.
His wishes will always be there for you and your family.

07:16  
Blogger Shobhna Srivastava said...

good one!!!

02:17  
Blogger smiley said...

lost in a world without proper communications, will be back in a couple of days :)

05:20  
Blogger smiley said...

syam, just remebered the good days i had with my dad :)

iris, thanks :)

hastobeme, :)

jeevan, same as u wished ur father :)

keshi, yeah we showed it in a different way from the kids nowadays :)

Aizwaikcha, thanks and for sure i can always feel him with me :)

A good dedication on father's day to your father.
His wishes will always be there for you and your family.

shobhna, thanks :)

01:40  
Blogger KC! said...

dad pathi first time oru poetry padikaren :) good one

14:41  
Blogger smiley said...

usha, appa niyabagam vanthidichu... not really a poem :)

04:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home