Friday, December 08, 2006

Tears are words the heart can't express

I liked that quote which reminds me of an incident which got a tear in my eye :)

My son is a very fussy eater (all my kids are and so was me tells my mom when i was a kid)
I have to cajole him, flatter him, explain popeye's muscles, be a clown, horse... just to make him eat.

We had to go to the dentist as he had a decay and the dentist did some cleaning of his teeth (another war between him and my mom for brushing teeth). he did not like the sensation plus that week he had his injection(shots) for polio, pox... he absolutely hated the injection.

We tried scaring him saying that we will take him to the dentist/doctor for a shot if he does not eat properly, brush his teeth properly... which worked for a few days, though he still made a fuss.

A few days back i had to go for my annual medical inspection and i took my son along with me to the clinic. The doctor took blood from my arm and took xrays of my chest and spine with my shirt off. my son came home that day and asked for food (keerai rice was available) and he ate it all of it without a word. my mom and wife were surprised and the explanation he gave was...

The doctor injected my arm after tying it and took blood out of it; he also took photos of me without my shirt and he thought all those happened because he did not eat well. so he came and told me you don't have to go the doctor any more for he will eat properly :)

Even that drop of tear in my eye could not express or fathom his love :)

after some time he asked me whether the injection was painful and i replied it was not (foolish of me). he has gone back to his old ways and we have to invent new ways to make him eat properly

8 Comments:

Blogger Nirek said...

>> your son started eating becos he dont want you to get hurt!
Wow. thats a very interesting way to make your kid eat more. :)

23:24  
Blogger Jeevan said...

Let we know your new way to make ur son eat properly soon:)

03:26  
Blogger EarthlyTraveler said...

//after some time he asked me whether the injection was painful and i replied it was not (foolish of me). he has gone back to his old ways and we have to invent new ways to make him eat properly //
:D.--SKm

10:34  
Blogger Keshi said...

so true!

Keshi.

15:36  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

little people :)[i mean kids] they are so darn cute :)

05:30  
Blogger Divya said...

\"after some time he asked me whether the injection was painful and i replied it was not (foolish of me). he has gone back to his old ways and we have to invent new ways to make him eat properly \"

Kids are very clever , isnt it??

22:11  
Blogger vinay said...

stright from the heart!!!! and guess what some tear drop do taste sweet..dont they??

22:26  
Blogger smiley said...

nirek, i think if we get all the parents together there might more crazier ideas :)

jeevan, will do for sure:)

sk, enna panna madam, hopefully next year when he joins school he should start eating better:)

keshi, nowadays kids r very smart :)

sojourner, and at time they test our patience too :)

divya, kids are clever or is the other way around, we r not smart enough :)

vinay, stright from the heart!!!! and guess what some tear drop do taste sweet..dont they?? absolutely right those tears tasted sweet :) :) :)

21:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home