Friday, September 08, 2006

Relaxed... looking forward to go home :)















Last tiring week finally got over... back to reading and writing (a) blog
Reports.... handovers.... getting over
my colleagues say they are starting to see a broader smile on my face

Wife and kids eagerly waiting......................

serious discussion with my colleague... about child trapped life ???
He asked me when was the last time i spent some time all alone with my wife...(not at home)
allllllllllll alllllllooooooonnnnnneeeeee.... no children ... only the two of us... like a movie... dinner... dance...
told him honestly ... not really after the kids were born.... other than the drive to the school to pick up the kids in the afternoon, or a morning walk... (movies, dinners, kids are always there) hopefully when the youngest one goes to school next year we will have a few hours in the mornings to ourselves :)
well from his life experiences he said we should spend some time, only the two of us doing something romantic... candle light dinner, romantic movie....
i told him i would miss my kids terribly, i won't be able to eat the good stuff without my kids... enjoy a movie having a hearty laugh without the kids...
Try it out... is what he said
Well i am listening to Kenny Rogers, the song goes like this...

If he could only read her mind
She'd say:Buy me a rose
Call me fromwork
Open the door for me what would it hurt
Show me you love me by the look in your eyes
These are the litte things I
need the most in my life.....

mmmmmmm... the second half of the song goes like this

I need you
So I bought you a rose
On the way home from work
and I opened the doorto a heart that I hurt
And I hopeed you noticed by the lookin my eyes
that I'm gonna make things right
Forthe rest of my life
And I'm gonna hold you tonight
Cause you are the little thing
that I need the most
in my life.

Made up my mind, heart....

Surfing the net for new romantic surprises... things we have never done before...
for start will pick up a romantic fragrance perfume for her... suggestions welcome.

Your blogs pulled me thro, thanks ... will blog from home. Thanks to u too Bob

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy!! :)

07:28  
Blogger Syam said...

have fun with your family...another trip to Maldives by Air Deccan? :-)

08:24  
Blogger EarthlyTraveler said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:33  
Blogger EarthlyTraveler said...

Enjoy a romantic holiday.
Take it or not small suggestions:
Leave kids with grandma(namma rules and regulations lerndhu avargalukku vidudhalai.)go for a picnic or just realx at home watching some funny movie,cook food for your wife,let her have a nap,prepare special tea/coffee .indha cinna cinna gavanippu will bring so much happiness.later you can make up to your kids in a very special way.

11:33  
Blogger KK said...

Nice idea Smiley!!
Have a nice time with your family!!

12:32  
Blogger Known Stranger said...

i would always appreciate your friends view. we indians mostly get too much on compromise . but believe me if you find the greatest happiness of what you do ( assuming your lady doesnt yearn for those solitude moments with her man) then be in the comfort zone. if i get married and i get a kid ( IF) it would be more of a western life. because i had grown in that style though parents were typical orthodex hindu tamilians.

22:56  
Blogger Jeevan said...

Have a good time with your wife and children! Nice poem here, Enjoy Friend:)

02:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice poem. Have a safe trip!!!

10:57  
Blogger KC! said...

good post, that gives a good insight into a married couple's life. Evalo per lose panranga these romantic moments after bearing kids and getting into a monotonous life?

05:24  
Blogger Apun Ka Desh said...

Good Picture.

Lets hope you can help Indian Politicians see better with your magnifying glasses, so that they can see how they are preventing India's Progress.

http://apunkadesh.blogspot.com/

06:52  
Blogger Keshi said...

wow going home ha? GOOD ON YA!

u wanna buy a nice perfume for ur wifey...get her BABY DOLL.

Keshi.

22:49  
Blogger Butterflies said...

ggetting back home wow...........ensoiiiiiiiii

19:14  
Blogger How do we know said...

Contradiction for Women! One of the best perfumes ever for the romantic soul.
All the best with the wife.. has it occured to you, that sometimes, she needs to be cradled like a child too? :-)

There is one other thing you are doing wrong by not spending time alone with your wife - you're teaching your kids that its ok to ignore the personal needs of your relationship.

I grew up in a house where my mom always came first for my dad, and we knew they had a lovely relationship between them. So, this is experience talking! :-)

11:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoi with your family...

Reminds me of Green Day's HomeComming... :)

Cheers... :)

00:36  
Blogger Pavithra said...

Nice poem !! Even I've felt that life after kids would be different. Sometimes even the husband might feel neglected but will not crib but for a wife the feeling that her husband loves someone else (even their kid ;-)) more than her would amount to such insecurity.

I think just sometime alone, talking with her should do wonders. All the best ;-).

04:41  
Blogger smiley said...

well i got her a rose, mmmmhhhhmmm did not really work out. but then nowadays it is very hard to please a woman???
Exams for kids getting over today, so off to a short tour before the next project.

19:54  
Blogger smiley said...

a rose at ooty might please her? hopefully :)

19:55  
Blogger How do we know said...

so, what happened at home?

11:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home