Thursday, December 21, 2006

counting my blessings, as the year ends :)

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS
As I was walking down the street,
I saw a man who had no feet.
Because he had no feet to use,
He did not complain he had no shoes.

Then, as I walked further on,
I met a man who'd lost an arm.
He had no coat; he had no sleeve,
I neither heard him cry nor grieve.

In a few more steps, whom did I spy,
But a stumbling man with blinded eye.
He could not walk this path alone,
I did not even hear him groan.

Somewhere else along my walk,
I met a man who could not talk.
He could tell no one of his pain,
He did not grumble or complain.

Another block brought me quite near,
To a man who could not hear.
He never once had heard a hymn,
But he kept his anguish closed within.

In that same block, whom did I find,
But some lost soul without a mind.
A lot of babble he did utter,
But no objection did he mutter.

Not much further did I go,
I saw an old man moving slow.
His hands were gnarled; his back was bent,
Not one complaint, did I hear him vent.

When my walk was nearly through,
I found myself approaching you.
You always say there's something wrong,
So, for that reason, hear this song.

Aren't you aware how you've been blest?
Can't you see you've no distress?
Don't you know how whole you are?
See where you've been and just how far?

Can't you quiet your complaints?
Appreciate those men's restraints?
But...for our Father's loving Grace,
Go you, within those poor souls' place.

by Ginny Ellis Copyright 1999
well i counted my blessings...
i have no reason to whine and moan...
smile here comes 2007 :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Nirek said...

Happy xmas and new year to you!

07:15  
Blogger Swamy Srinivasan aka Kittu Mama said...

Happy New year to you.

What a great written poem this is.

11:19  
Blogger Jeevan said...

:) good one friend!

02:58  
Blogger smiley said...

nirek, thanks and wish u the same :)

kittu, it was a great poem, but not written by me :)

jeevan, thanks friend :)

21:47  
Blogger Dalicia said...

merry christmad and happy new year to you!

22:17  
Blogger EarthlyTraveler said...

Very nice poem Smiley.I read this to my son.Thank you.--SKM

09:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home